I first came across the idea for a vegan cookie dough on Facebook, in one of those Tasty videos. I was intrigued, so I tried it but didn't like the recipe. I did some soul searching on cookie dough, toyed around with the recipe a bit and I really like what I've come up with. It's cashew based and you can definitely taste the cashews but this is a much healthier alternative to the real stuff. Bonus: it's no bake and definitely will be a hit with kids (if you don't finish it first.)
Makes about 2 cups
2 cups raw unsalted cashews
4 cups boiling water
2 tbsp. vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp. agave (or your preferred sweetener)
4 tbsp. non-dairy butter
toppings to your liking; I used rainbow sprinkles, vegan chocolate chips & vanilla chips
1. Soak cashews in boiling water for 2 hours.
2. Drain cashews and place in a food processor. Process until the cashews are completely broken down.
3. Add the remaining ingredients besides the toppings to the food processor and process until nice and smooth, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer to a storage container and add your favorite toppings. Combine well.
5. Refrigerate overnight. (The cookie dough will be warm at this point and won't taste very good.) Eat and enjoy!