Let me start by saying: this isn't the Banana Bread that's going to replace the one you bring to Aunt Joan's Thanksgiving every year. It's not particularly decadent or crazy, but when you've got a sweet tooth like me and you prefer to keep it healthy, this will be your go to. It's 7 simple ingredients, no flour, no gluten, no oil, no added sugar...you get the gist.
I had to make this in a baking dish because I don't have a loaf pan in my German kitchen, but a small loaf pan would be the ideal vessel. If you do make it in a dish like I did, make sure its on the small side. Because there's no flour it won't rise a whole lot.
Lastly, I used chocolate chips here but you can use whatever you like - nuts, berries etc.
5 ripe bananas
1/2 cup plain or vanilla nonfat greek yogurt (I like Siggi's)
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a mini loaf pan or baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. (A potato masher or back of a fork will work well.)
3. Add in the remaining ingredients one at a time, mixing each ingredient well before moving on to the next ingredient. Add in the chocolate chips last, saving the 1 tablespoon.
4. Pour the batter in to the loaf pan or dish and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the batter.
5. Place loaf pan in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until the batter is fully set.