To know me is to know I love Avocado Toast (but really, who doesn't?) And while I'm not a huge pasta eater, I received a pasta maker as a wedding gift and I knew I had to try and make homemade pasta. It was a great success, and this Avocado Toast Pasta was born. I've prepared the sauce for the pasta almost exactly as I would the topping for a toast. I also topped the pasta with my favorite toast topping, a poached egg, but don't feel bound by this. A fried egg or your favorite cheese are other great options.
1 box of fettucine
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes
3-4 eggs (1 egg per serving.)
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions. (Or make your own!)
2. Add avocados, oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and well combined.
4. Pour the avocado mixture over the prepared pasta and mix until fully incorporated. If you prefer a bit more heat add another pinch of red pepper flakes.
3. Poach eggs: Fill a saute pan with water and bring to a simmer. Crack your eggs, one by one, into a small cup and gently drop one in to the water. As you drop it in, twirl a spoon in the water to create a whirl pool effect. This will help the white of the egg wrap around the yolk and create a neat egg. Repeat this process with the remaining eggs and cook until the whites have fully set, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel and very gently pat dry. Season with a pinch of salt. (If you're still confused about poaching eggs, watch Jamie Oliver explain here)
4. Gently transfer the egg to the top of the pasta.