Makes about 16 wraps
2 cups uncooked quinoa
4 tablespoons olive oil
12 cloves garlic
2 red onions, diced
4.5 cups baby bella mushrooms
4 bell peppers, diced
4 cups spinach
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Salt to taste
16 swiss chard leaves*
*when picking leaves, make sure you pick ones that are fully intact and aren’t ripped or don’t have holes in them.
1. Place the uncooked quinoa in a medium size pot with 4 cups of cold water. Lightly salt the mixture. Bring the quinoa to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until all the water evaporates.
2. In the meantime mince the garlic, dice the onions, mushrooms and peppers and chiffonade the spinach.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and peppers, cover the pan and cook until the mixture softens, about 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. Lastly, add in the spinach. Cover and cook until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
5. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan with the vegetable mixture. Add the cumin and cinnamon and stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
7. Clean the swiss chard leaves and use a knife to remove the stems.
8. Gently drop the leaves, 2 at a time, into the boiling water and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the leaves and gently run under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels, taking care not to rip the leaves. Repeat with the remaining leaves.
9. When all the leaves are ready, lay the swiss chard on your work surface and place 1-2 large spoonfuls of quinoa at the front of the wrap. Fold the sides in and then roll tightly. Repeat with the remaining leaves.